Monday, November 06, 2017

The Melbourne Cup

mounting yard gate
Mounting Yard Gates at Flemington

Don’t ask me who is going to win the Melbourne Cup; I haven’t a clue.

I’ve studied the form guide and read all kind of tips on various websites, and even drawn up a horoscope.

Speaking of the horoscope it was interesting to discover a most unusual planetary pattern at the exact time of the Cup (3.00pm) – a Mystic Rectangle that involves four planets in sextile/trine/opposition relationships in air and fire signs.

mystic rectangleIn this case Saturn is 25° Sagittarius trine (120°) Uranus 25° in Aries and sextile (60°) Venus 29° in Libra.  Venus is trine the Moon in 25° Gemini which is sextile to Uranus in Aries.

Aries and Libra are in opposition as are Sagittarius and Gemini.

So if you were to draw any conclusions from this horoscope regarding the Melbourne Cup winner, you’d probably go for names that have either air and/or fire associations.

Wall of Fire is one, as is Rekindling. Then there’s Libran, Humidor, Max Dynamite, Ventura Storm and Boom Time.

It seems most of the “experts” are predominantly tipping Marmelo, Johannes Vermeer and Humidor.

On the whole I think the Cup field is quite boring and does not include any of my particular favourites, so I doubt I’ll even have a bet on it. That is despite my Online Betting Account being flush with money after I successfully bet on Vengeur Masque in the Geelong Cup, because his name was spot on for the start of Scorpio and I couldn’t resist putting a few dollars on him each way.

Astrology does work sometimes.

Anyway, good luck with finding the winner.

No comments: