Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Caviar Back on the Menu

black caviar1

Yes, champion race mare Black Caviar is shortly to resume her racetrack career on 16th February in the Black Caviar Lightning Stakes, a race she has won twice before -  in 2011 and 2012.

But before that happens she will be making a special appearance next Saturday at Caulfield Racetrack in an exhibition gallop.  I intend to be there to see her, even though the race card is not all that interesting.

The first Group One race of the Autumn racing season is the  CF Orr Stakes , only a little over a week away, so my interest is piqued once more, in anticipation of the thrills to come.

Last Saturday, watching the races online, I experienced one of those WOW moments when South Australian filly Miracles of Life blitzed her rivals in Black Caviar fashion in the fillies version of the Blue Diamond Preview.

458811-miracle-of-life

A flashy chestnut 2 year old filly, Miracles of Life has had three runs for three wins, and has won her races by large margins, so looks as if she could be the superstar of the autumn. She is hot favourite for the Blue Diamond Stakes, not surprisingly, and could well win it.

Check out the video below of her win in the Blue Diamond Preview at Caulfield last Saturday. Her first two races are also available for viewing on YouTube.

Will report back on my Saturday outing next week, hopefully with photos of the grand lady of the turf, i.e. Black Caviar.

3 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

I do worry about her wonderfulness being Phar Lapped.
Did you get a book of the Black Caviar stamps? She deserved a better design I think, but they'll do. I got several and will gift you one if you like.
Wishing you a good racing day.

Anne S said...

Yes, Ann, I did get the stamp pack when they were issued, so if you mean a book of ordinary 60c stamps, no I haven't, but can live without them.

I will endeavour to get the BC book signed by the author as apparently he'll be there at the track on Saturday.

Anne S said...

By the way, there will probably be free posters up for grabs at Caulfield on Sat. Do you want one? I might even be able to get it autographed by Moody and Luke if I hang around the course long enough.