Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Spring Super Stable Competition Returns

With the hopefuls for the Spring Racing Carnival due to start their campaigns in a week or so, the Spring Super Stable competition is now open for entries.

Naturally I am keen to compete again. It’s my favourite competition on the Racing & Sports website.

Members of the Racing & Sports message board run all the competitions and I am deeply grateful to them and also amazed that these people generously give their time to do this. It’s an unpaid task and can be quite complex to maintain.

A guy who goes by the tag The Shu runs the Super Stable competition. He’s been running this completion for years. If you’re interested in taking part the direct link to the Super Stable thread is here.
You will have to register on the Racing & Sports website as a member (it’s free) to participate.

All I can say to encourage you is that the super stable competition is great fun and the only prize is fame and glory. It also gives one a stable of horses to follow over the carnival.

I’ve selected my initial stable as follows:
APACHE CAT $117,500
EL SEGUNDO $399,000
HARADASUN $209,500

HERE DE ANGELS (3) $50,000
MURTAJILL (3) $53,000
MUSKET (3) $50,000
SEA CHANGE (M) $115,000

My total virtual outlay is $994,000 leaving me with $6000 from an opening virtual bank of $1 million.

The prices are set by the competition organiser (The Shu) and are based on the past years performances of the horses, i.e. if they have won at group level or not. The more group wins, the more expensive the horse.

Apache Cat and Haradasun will be competing against each other in the Bletchingly Stakes on 4th August so if one or other of them wins or places, my stable will be off to a good start.

Anyway, I’m looking forward with keen anticipation to the start of the spring racing season and it’s good that two of my favourite runners have early spring build-ups. The Bletchingly Stakes should be a ripper of a race. Will Apache Cat, who runs very well fresh, revenge his two defeats by Haradasun, or will Haradasun demonstrate just how good he is and win first up?

Also in early August, the first daughter of the great New Zealand mare Sunline will be having her second start. Her first start was a disaster. In a rough race, run on a very heavy track, she was poleaxed by other runners and almost knocked down. Her name is Sunstrike aand she appears to be a very attractive filly. Her mum was a great favourite of mine during her racing career, so I’m very interested in the careers of her progeny.

I’ll keep you posted on how my stable fares.

No comments: