Monday, April 09, 2007

Haradasun Wins Again

It was a very emotional and tense moment at the start of the Doncaster Handicap today, where Haradasun was sent out favourite. The track was rated heavy after considerable rain fell in Sydney over the weekend. As he has mostly raced in Melbourne where drought reigns supreme, he hadn't any form for wet conditions, so there was always a question mark over his chances.

Well, he proved the knockers wrong and won one of the most prestigious Group One races in Australia quite convincingly, against a top class field.

I found it an emotional moment as I have been following the career of this young horse since his maiden race last Spring and I look forward to seeing his further development into a true star performer. He has lived up to the hype put on him and is sure to be well worth watching in the future. He's only had nine starts for six wins and two seconds and has only been unplaced once when he had foot problems.

I had a small bet on him as his odds, even if he was favourite, were quite good at 4/1. He certainly won't be offered at those odds again.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Hope you treated yourself to something nice with your winnings!

Anne S said...

Jan, my winnings were very modest and as I use my internet betting account, I normally just leave the winnings there to boost the funds I have to play with next time. My account goes up and down as my fortunes wax and wane. I only bet for fun and certainly wouldn't give up my day job to become a professional punter. I'm more interested in the horses than making money out of them.