Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review of Mary Gauthier/Steve Young Concert

My review of the Mary Gauthier & Steve Young concert is now up on Nu Country with a few different photos.

The next show I intend to go to is on 22 February and is The Handsome Family , whose music has been described as "...alt. country, Americana, backwoods noir, post-millennial folk, American Gothic, Appalachian folk, murderous balladry, and, perhaps most imaginatively, "honky-pop and avant-tonk country music"

I actually haven't got any of their CDs and have only heard one of their songs, but they appeal to me as the sort of artists I will find interesting. I have a liking for murder ballads, American Gothic and Appalachian folk music. More on this later.

Autumn Racing Carnival

It hardly seems any time at all since the Spring Racing Carnival, but here it all is again - the Autumn carnival to reignite my interest.

All the Spring stars are coming out of pasture and participating in races as early as tonight.

Tomorrow, the hyped horse of Spring, Haradasun, starts his Autumn season. He's still hyped, so hopefully he lives up to it. He was retired early from the 2006 Spring racing calandar due to a minor injury, so this will be his first race since then.

I'll be listening on the radio for sure.

No comments: